Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research
ISSN 2324-9676 (Online)
Publication Frequency 4 issues per year
Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research is an online journal from International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR) and the World Council of Civil Engineers (WCCE).
Published by Taylor and Francis.
Individual Members Access
Institute Members IP Access
Visit the Journal (non members)
Call for Papers
We welcome technical-oriented papers providing directly applicable solutions to water engineering problems, and insight into case studies and practical research. Authors must have in consideration:
- The manuscript should provide direct applicable solutions, thereafter reproducible.
- Aim for international dissemination of innovative methods, so interesting for a broad audience (not just local case).
- Interface technology-based solutions within hydro-environment and its ecological values and services, thus being within an engineering context.
- Being methodologically sound.
- Not just being a "usual" report of physical or numerical model study but focusing on a specific advance of technological applications, however not necessarily requiring to be a new or original advance.
- Article should have a section on application or case study.
For more information read the instructions for authors
Aims & scope
This peer-reviewed Journal launched in 2013 publishes papers and practical case studies on all aspects of hydro-environment engineering and research. Practically-oriented papers and case studies are particularly welcome. Papers cover fluid systems in the hydrosphere, such as rivers, lakes, coastal waters and groundwater within an engineering context, and including hydraulic machinery, hydraulic structures, water supply, treatment and drainage systems. There is a strong interest also in environmental monitoring, catchment hydraulics, water quality and ecohydraulics and their role for climate change studies, flood risk management, desalination, re-use and water security. JAWER welcomes applications related to integrated water resources management and hydropolicy, and aims for international dissemination of innovative methods specifically showcasing studies on interfacing technology-based solutions within the hydro-environment and its ecological values and services.
Editor in Chief
Dr. David Smith
Engineer Research and Development Center
US Army Corps of Engineers
See Full Editorial Board
IAHR members receive subscription to JAWER as a free membership benefit Join IAHR
All other subscribers should go directly to the Taylor and Francis website to subscribe and access online content click here
| IAHR Individual Members
| IAHR Institute Members