SPAIN WATER is the Spanish support structure for IAHR. Spain Water is a Public initiative which includes: CEDEX, the Directorate General for Water and the The General Directorate of Sustainability of the Coast and the Sea as promoting entities, which have agreed to support IAHR facilitating the permanence of its Secretariat in the offices of the Centre for Hydrographic Studies of CEDEX, where it has been located since 2001.
Note: All presentationes of Spain water events are under "Other conferences" in IAHR document library.
- Jornada sobre paleocrecidas y avenidas históricas y su aplicación a la seguridad hidrológica de las presas. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX. 8 de mayo de 2019 Programa / Listado de participantes / Presentaciones / Fotos
- Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Medidas de adaptación frente al cambio climático en la costa española. 25 de abril de 2019. Ministerio para la Transición Ecológica Programme / Listado de participantes / Presentaciones / Nota de prensa
- International Conference on Adapting River Management in an era of change. Universidad Politécnica de Madrid. 15 de noviembre de 2018 Website Proceedings
- Seminario IAHR-SPAIN WATER: Aproximación al fenómeno nival en España en un contexto de cambio climático. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX. 28 de junio de 2018 Programa final / Listado de participantes / Fotos / Presentaciones / Biografías ponentes / Video
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: Challenges of River restoration and ecologically functioning flows. Universitat Politècnica de València. 10 de abril de 2018 Poster
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: Issues (Research Needs) in Design Flood Estimation under Changing Climates. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX. 9 de abril de 2018 Programa White Paper EC 2018
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: Estuarine and Tidal Wetland Restoration - Examples from the USA. Centro de Estudios de Puertos y Costas del CEDEX. 9 de abril de 2018 Programa
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: On the evolution of techniques used for Realistic Simulation of Waves in Laboratory Facilities. Centro de Estudios de Puertos y Costas del CEDEX. 14 de marzo de 2018 Programa (CONFERENCIA CANCELADA)
- V Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Restauración y Renaturalización de Ríos: Hacia un manejo integrado de la complejidad fluvial. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX, 15 de noviembre de 2017 Programa final Listado de participantes Presentaciones Biografías ponentes Fotos Nota de prensa iAgua
- IV Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Huella Hídrica: Indicador de eficiencia y sostenibilidad para una mejor gestión del agua. Ministerio de Agricultura y Pesca, Alimentación y Medio Ambiente, 13 de junio de 2017 Programa final Listado de participantes Presentaciones Biografías ponentes Fotos Video Nota de prensa
- III Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Gestión Ambiental de la Costa y del Mar. Coastal Environment Management. Centro de Estudios de Técnicas Aplicadas del CEDEX, 22 de febrero de 2017 Programa final Listado de participantes Ponencias Fotos
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: Management of water, rivers and coastal zones in California. Universitat Politècnica de València. 20 de febrero de 2017 Poster
- Conferencia Magistral IAHR-SPAIN WATER: El proyecto del Delta de California: Equilibrando la garantía del suministro de agua y la sostenibilidad ecológica bajo el cambio climático y otros factores de estrés. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX, 16 de febrero de 2016 Programa final Fotos Ponencia pdf
- II Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Modelos Numéricos Tridimensionales en Hidráulica Continental Aplicada a Estudios Fluviales, de Presas y Embalses. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX, 14 de diciembre de 2015 Programa final Listado de participantes Ponencias Fotos
- I Jornada IAHR-SPAIN WATER sobre Drones y el Medio Ambiente Hídrico. 17 de junio 2015. Centro de Estudios Hidrográficos del CEDEX Programa final Ponencias
CEDEX (Spanish National Public Works Research Centre)
CEDEX is an autonomous organisation of the central Spanish State Administration, belonging organically to the Ministry of Public Works and functionally to the Ministries of Public Works, and of Agriculture, Fisheries, Food and the Environment.
That CEDEX is an organisation with multi-disciplinary teams of highly-qualified professionals dedicated to the study and solution of problems relating to civil and environmental engineering and in particular in the area of water, both fresh and marine; for which within it's seven centres it has three specialised in water and the environment: the Centre for Hydrographic Studies dedicated to fresh water; the Centre for Harbours and Coastal Studies working in the marine field and the Centre for Applied Technique Studies which is responsible for ecological aspects related to water in general.
CEDEX was established in 1957 as a merger of laboratories of different disciplines in civil engineering, including “Laboratory of Hydraulics” and “Laboratory of Ports” of the former Madrid School of Roads, Canals and Ports when it was part of the Ministry of Education which until then was part of the Ministry of Public Works. In this respect CEDEX has a university origin and as such continues to pay attention to academic activities by means of.
Furthermore, it should be noted that Spain is a country with a strong tradition in water matters. In the case of inland waters it has more than 1,300 large dams and is a pioneer in the management of water resources. In the maritime sphere it is the European country with the longest coastline (7,880 km) with a large number of beaches, 44 large commercial ports and many fishing and leisure harbours. Furthermore, both at the continental and coastal level the last years have seen considerable activity in the design and execution of works and in R&TD, which all attests to the importance of hydraulic themes in Spain.
For more information visit: http://www.cedex.es
Directorate General for Water (DGA)
The General Directorate of Water (DGA) is a dependent governing body of the Secretariat of State for the Environment. This is the highest organ of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Environment, which, under the authority of the Minister, directs and coordinates the execution of the powers of this department in relation to the formulation of policies on environmental quality and pollution prevention, climate change, environmental assessment , promoting the use of clean technologies and habits of cleaner and more sustainable consumption.
For more information visit: http://www.magrama.gob.es/es/agua/temas/default.aspx
Directorate General for Sustainability of the Coast and the Sea (DGSCM)
For more information visit: http://www.mapama.gob.es/es/costas/temas/
IAHR is sponsored by
Suez (Advanced Solutions)
Suez is an enterprise that integrates all activities related to water technologies and solutions for sustainable development forming part of the Agbar Group , which has been developing its activities in the field of water since 1867
Suez offers a full range of services covering all aspects of engineering and water management and the environment from water planning, to integrated prevention and pollution control.
Its main fields of action, in more than twenty countries, are: water treatment, purification and desalination, water and energy efficiency, drainage and sanitation, water resources and reuse, design and construction of water infrastructure, automation and management of water infrastructure, irrigation, quality and environmental control (water, air and soil) , industrial water treatment, waste management , recovery of biosolids and training and development.
For more information visit: http://suez-advanced-solutions-spain.es/
The IDP Group is an international, multi-sector technical services company, founded in 1998, working in the fields of engineering, environment and architecture. It is currently the leader in Spain and in LATAM in the development of projects using BIM technology (Building Information Modelling).
We are present in Spain and Latin America with offices in Madrid, Barcelona, Lima and Santiago de Chile and we develop projects in 51 countries for the main multinationals as a strategic partner in their expansion projects.
IDP is made up of more than 300 technicians from different specialities, highly qualified and capable of comprehensively tackling the entire project.
We offer a comprehensive service providing value in all stages of the project, from previous consulting work, through conceptual design, basic design and detail engineering, to the construction management and supervision of the commissioning of buildings and infrastructures, ensuring always strict compliance with the objectives defined by our customers.
The Group has accumulated a great deal of experience with more than 8,000 projects successfully completed, executed in each of our areas of action (transport infrastructure, urban development, environment, building, industry and logistics, facilities, energy and ICT).
IDP is a world reference in all areas related to the management, handling and treatment of waste, as well as in all activities in the integral water cycle with the common objective of optimising the use of resources and their applications.