Jobs - Research Assistant (PostDoc), Technische Universität Berlin, Germany
Research Assistant (PostDoc) - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
Technische Universität Berlin offers an open position:
under the reserve that funds are granted - part-time employment may be possible
Topic ‘Isotope hydrology in urban areas’ as part of an Einstein Visiting Fellowship of Prof. Chris Soulsby (University of Aberdeen)
Faculty VI - Institute of Civil Engineering / Water Resources Management and Modeling of Hydrosystems
Reference number: VI-247/19 (starting at 01/07/19 / until 30 june 2021 / closing date for applications 10/05/19)
- Research as part of the MOSAIC (MOdelling Surface And Groundwater with Isotopes in urban Catchments) project
- Hydrological/Ecohydrological modelling of water partitioning and flow paths in urban hydrosystems
- Fusion of novel data in urban hydrological models, especially isotopic tracers
- Co-ordination and storage of data; documentation and archiving of model codes
- Preparing scientific publications for submission to leading journals
- Contribution to organization and implementation to field data collection programmes
- Collaborations within the DFG-funded Research Training Group ‘Urban Water Interfaces (UWI)’ with partners at the TU Berlin and Leibniz-Institute of Freshwater Ecology and Inland Fisheries (IGB) and other stakeholders
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) and PhD in hydrology or related branch of environmental science/engineering
- Experience in hydrological modelling of water movement in soils, aquifers and surface channels.
- Expertise in developing and adapting model codes
- Proficient in common modelling codes (e.g. Matlab, C++, “R” etc.)
- Ability to plan, manage and work in collaborative projects
- Communication, team and organizational skills; flexibility, independent work and interest in new challenges; willingness to travel
- Fluent (or commitment to learn) in both English and German
More information about the Chair of Water Resources Management and Modelling Hydrosystems of the TU Berlin can be found at: www.wahyd.tu-berlin.de and more information on Prof. C. Soulsby can be found at: https://www.abdn.ac.uk/geosciences/people/profiles/c.soulsby. For further information you can contact Prof. C. Soulsby (Einstein Visiting Fellow; project PI) (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org) or Prof. R. Hinkelmann (e-mail: email@example.com).
Please send your application with the reference number and the usual documents (letter of motivation indicating research interests and experience, CV including 2 references, PhD, Bachelor and Master certificates in a single PDF containing all application documents) preferably by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to Technische Universität Berlin - Der Präsident - Fakultät VI, Institut für Bauingenieurwesen, FG Wasserwirtschaft und Hydrosystemmodellierung, Herrn Prof. Dr.-Ing. Hinkelmann, Sekr. TIB1-B14, Gustav-Meyer-Allee 25, 13355 Berlin.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The TU Berlin values the diversity of its members and is committed to the goals of equal opportunities.
Please send copies only. Original documents will not be returned.
The vacancy is also available on the internet at