Technical Director (Engineering) in HR Wallingford
Would you like to join our highly-skilled, multi-disciplinary team of specialist coastal and maritime engineers? Would you enjoy directing and delivering high profile projects both nationally and internationally?
We want an exceptional technical director come and join our friendly maritime, coastal and hydraulic engineering team.
About the role
In this pivotal role you will help us to win and deliver work around the world, and build relationships with clients who value our expertise. You will:
Help us to evolve our established world-class ports and maritime engineering capabilities.
- Lead delivery of some exceptional projects, as project director or project manager.
- Enhance our project teams with your specialist expertise, and act as an expert witness when required.
- Identify and build relationships with our clients.
- Find new business opportunities, and lead the preparation of bids and proposals.
- Drive the direction of our research and technical development programmes.
- Help colleagues to develop to their full potential as an inspirational mentor and effective people manager.
You will have a strong engineering background and great people skills. Ideally, you will have worked on projects in e Middle East, and will have some on site experience. We’d also like to see:
- A depth and breadth of civil and structural design knowledge in the field of maritime/coastal engineering.
- Extensive demonstrable years of consultancy and construction experience.
- A Chartered Engineer qualification (MICE or FICE).
- A proven track record of writing proposals, winning and delivering challenging projects to time and budget.
- Experience of working overseas.
- An ability to work collaboratively, leading multi-disciplinary teams, in design development.
- Excellent communications skills – writing and speaking with
- An interest in research and development.
You will be based at our head office at Howbery Park near Wallingford, in Oxfordshire, United Kingdom.
HR Wallingford is a global civil engineering hydraulic consultancy business with projects, offices and representatives worldwide. We are committed to recruiting and retaining staff of the highest calibre. We offer a stimulating working environment and an excellent benefits package that includes:A defined contribution pension scheme with minimum 10% contribution from the employer (up to 15% with matched funding) and life insurance.
- 25 days holiday, plus three days discretionary holiday and eight bank holidays,
- Permanent health insurance.
- Flexible working hours.
- Onsite restaurant, gym and nursery.
- Active sports and social club.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
Applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnerships.
How to apply
To apply please send your CV with a covering letter outlining why you will be a good fit for our team to email@example.com contact Sharon Draper, Personnel Advisor, HR Wallingford, Howbery Park, Wallingford, Oxfordshire OX10 8BA, United Kingdom for further information.
Monday 30 September 2019
HR Wallingford is an equal opportunities employer
Privacy notice for job applicants
Read our Privacy notice for job applicants
(.pdf) to read on how we collect and process the personal data you may provide us when you apply for a job with us through our websites, or by any other means. This notice also explains how we’ll store and handle that data, and keep it safe.