|2 years postdoc position in coastal modeling at M2C - Caen University, France
|The M2C laboratory located in Caen (France) is a french research institute which carries out scientific research on fluid mechanics, on sedimentology and on geology. We are seeking for a postdoctoral research assistant (PDRA) in coastal modeling in the framework of the AMI project Pile&Tide funded by ADEME. The period of employment is two years and will start at the end of May 2014.
1) Description of Project:
The Pile&Tide project seeks to establish an international research collaboration between some industrial and academic partners. We aim to improve our understanding of the environmental impacts due to the foundations of the tidal energy converters inside the Raz Blanchard. The all partners in this project, will work closely together to address the following questions:
- The modification of the seabed by the drilling operation
- The motion of the suspended material caused by the drilling operation
- The induced noise in both water and air
- The danger of accidental pollution by the construction vehicles
2) Technical Deliverable for this position:
Impact of the sediment transport inside the Raz Blanchard on the drill holes.
3) Competences and skills sought for PDRA based in Caen University:
Fluid dynamics, sediment transport, wave-current interactions, DEM model (YADE), Coastal regional modeling (Telemac3d, MARS3D, ROMS, Delft3D), wave modeling
(WW3, SWAN, Tomawac), programming skills (Fortran 90, C++).
4) Person specification:
We seek to appoint a research assistant, with a recently obtained PhD or equivalent experience, to contribute to the following deliverables of Pile&Tide:
* Impact of the sediment transport inside the Raz Blanchard on the drill holes.
* Contribution to reports, conferences abstracts, conference proceedings and peer-reviewed publications.
* Preparation of project dissemination materials for different target audiences, e.g: researchers, stakeholders, policy makers or politicians, and school children
* Organization of workshops, meetings and conferences within Pile&Tide
5) Advisors: A.-C. Bennis (Caen University), D. Mouazé (Caen University)
6) How to apply: Please send a CV, a letter of motivation (up to one page long), and the names of two potential referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org
7) Receipt of Applications:
Applications will be received up to 30th April 2014. Interviews are expected to take place the 6th May 2014.