Become an IAHR member to join an elite worldwide network of engineers and water specialists working in fields related to the hydro-environmental sciences and their practical application.
By becoming an IAHR member, you’ll have access to world-leading research, build relationships with likeminded experts and professionals, benefit from unique opportunities and enjoy a meaningful, productive and fulfilling career.
Benefit from networking and knowledge exchange opportunities virtually and in-person.
Get involved in technical committees and working groups.
Connect with leading experts in your specialty areas.
Find partner organisations.
Get free subscription to online journals, including:
- Journal of Hydraulic Research (6 issues per year)
- Journal of River Basin Management (4 issues per year)
- Journal of Applied Water Engineering and Research (4 issues per year)
- Journal of Ecohydraulics (2 issues per year)
Get free subscription to one of the following Taylor & Francis Journals in online version:
- International Journal of Water Resources Development (6 issues per year)
- Civil Engineering and Environmental Systems (4 issues per year)
- International Journal of Computational Fluid Dynamics (10 issues per year)
- Urban Water Journal (10 issues per year)
- Environmental Technology (28 issues per year)
Obtain discounts on other Journals, including:
- Journal of Hydraulic Research (printed version)
- Journal of Hydraulic Research (not having to pay the excess pages charge)
- International Journal of River Basin Management (printed version)
- Journal of Hydro-Environment Research (printed or online version)
- Urban Water Journal (printed version)
- International Journal of Sediment Research (printed version)
- Water Science Engineering (Open Access Charges waived)
Get free subscription to online and printed Hydrolink magazine (4 issues per year, young members receive online version)
Obtain discounts on all books, monographs and proceedings published by IAHR and Taylor and Francis
Gain free access to the IAHR e-library with proceedings, papers and historical publications and e-access to partner technical publications
Gain free access to our video library complete with courses, webinars and initiatives
Attend our events for free or at a reduced registration rate, including IAHR (co-sponsored) conferences and symposia.
Attend on-demand webinars.
Raise your profile within the profession.
Develop your teams through training, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
Post your job offers for free and find the best candidates.
Find out about relevant job opportunities.
Apply for excellence awards.
Get access to the latest hydro-environment news.
Publish in Water Science Engineering at no cost.
“I have found great support from colleagues at IAHR, many times from people I looked up to since the beginning of my research career”
“IAHR is my great scientific international family: wherever I am in the world I know I have professionally close friends”
" As I was graduating, I started questioning about my dream career, and got to know how many, among colleagues and professionals I held in high esteem, were IAHR members. Then I registered as a member. I knew I wanted to actively contribute to the community. It started slowly, advancing with small steps, with the hope I could once return some of the Good IAHR brought me, to others: networking opportunities, lasting friendships and confidence in the value of my research"
"To my view the root reason for engagement with IAHR is the knowledge exchange with professionals that share common interests in Hydro-environment"
Please be noted that:
IAHR Membership cycle is a full year from the time you signed up for your membership
Senior Member: Older than 65 years or retired people younger than 65 years
Young Professionals: Younger than 35 years old who could join one IAHR Young Professional Network
Income Levels: IAHR Membership is available on a two-tier fee structure with fees considerably lower for members from low and middle income countries, according to the World Bank Classification Index. Check here to see whether your country is included in the High or Low income bracket